Friday, June 10, 2011

Favorite Friday


Today i'm taking you to one of my favorite childhood places.
When I was 5 or 6 my parents started building a log cabin just outside a little town called 'Water Valley'.
It's about an hour's drive northwest of Calgary, in the foothills of the Rockies.
I spent much of my childhood breezing through the forrest, building tree houses, catching frogs and floating down the river in life jackets or inner tubes ( whichever we could find first. )
It was is the bomb.

Soooo Pretty!

The Liquor store and the Saloon (neither of which i have ever been to of course)


There's still an old-fashioned general store.


Tons of stuff in an antique/junk store called 'Feeling Used' in a nearby town.

The coolest tub in the hills!


(This photo was b.b. - before babe, hence the lack of cuteness...)


In short, it is one of the coolest places around,
and i love the fact that i grew up out there with the beavers and the frogs and the horses.
I'll always remember those starry starry nights roasting the perfect marshmallow
and spotting satellites with my mom and dad.
It's totally my happy place.

It's Friday!  Now go find your happy place...


It's a reset day on the top baby blogs, please vote for us today to keep us in the top 100!!!  
Thanks so much for all your votes, you guys rock our socks! xo

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

No wonder it's your favorite!!! I love the old fashioned feel! I wanna check out the general store :)