Thursday, June 16, 2011

Artsy is NOT Fartsy v4


I don't sew. It's generally not very good for my blood pressure.
I haven't sewn much since home-ec class in junior high, mainly due to the temper tantrums and crying fits.
So why the hell i decided to make an ipad cover is completely beyond me.
Dr. Nails was saying how we needed a cover before we went away, to protect the precious toy,
and it was almost a conditioned response: I can totally MAKE that.

'Cause you see, i suffer from a condition called makeitis, 
it's where you feel strangely compelled to make stuff instead of buying the perfectly 
super cute one you saw on etsy for only $24.95.
Because really, I can TOTALLY make that, for way cheaper...


And dammit, I TOTALLY DID.
And it cost me like $2.00 or something ridiculous like that, just for the felt.
Okay okay, so it's not really perfect, and it took me a really long time to make it.
( have i mentioned that i don't sew? )
But it does the job, isn't too girly for the good Dr, and i didn't even cry once : )

in your face etsy




2 comments:

suzanne said...

i totally suffer from makeitis too.

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

maybe we should start a makeitis anonymous. :)