Saturday, January 1, 2011

Us

Hi!  I'm Gillian, but seriously, call me Gill.
I'm happy you're here to check us out!

The story starts here...


I spent a lot of my twenties travelling the world,
looking for something? someone? someplace? special.
I didn't find it, but I certainly had a damn good time.
Eventually I finally decided to have a little look-see around my own country,
so I hit the road and headed west to east, coast to coast, across the entirety of Canada.
Which is far. Very very far.

It ultimately took me a little while, but wouldn't you know it,
I finally found exactly what I was looking for.


 So now I've got a guy who thinks of himself as "wikid and weird,"
whom I like to refer to as Dr. Nails.
He is a man of many talents which I love to document here.
musician, master carpenter, comedian... let me tell you ladies, the total package indeed.


I do all this so when we're old and grey and have no idea what is going on any more 
we will be able to look at this blog and remember who we are.
It is important work I believe...

I am also lucky to have in my life the love of a big, floppy,
happy mutt we like to call the Hannah Dog.
She came with a house I moved into? wha?! and we have been best buds ever since.



One lucky lucky day in March 2010 Dr. Nails and I found out we were going to have a baby!
It was a momentous and life changing revelation, as you would expect.
Since my waist line was no longer teensy tiny but our house was,
we decided it would be in our best interests to put an addition on to make some room
for the babe to-be, and all of the wonderful baby stuff that he was to bring.

We broke new ground in July 2010, and Building Bumps was born!

Dr. Nails busted his ass and got us moved in to our beautiful addition right in time,
and the devastatingly handsome Jake Oliver appeared November 25th, 2010.
 We have been living together happily ever since.


SO now we're still busy putting the finishing touches on our little love shack,
and loving taking care of this ah-mazing little dude.

 Dr. Nails popped the BIG question recently, (of course I said yes)
and although we may not get married for a thousand years,
we know we'll always have each other.



And that, my dear friends, is truly a many splendored thing...


5 comments:

suzanne said...

this gave me full body goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye. love you family! xoxo

Kathy Engel said...

I love you guys! Wish i was half as talented as you Gill! xo

Kathy Engel said...

I love you guys! Wish i was half as talented as you Gill! xo

Janelle @ Two Cups Of Happy said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog because.... I'm also a blogger in Halifax! Although I don't have a kid yet, I do have a dog. You have such a sweet little family. Can't wait to follow your adventures...

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful story! Your family is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!