Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guest Post - Deanna from Delirious Rhapsody!


While I'm on vacation I asked one of my favorite bloggers to do a guest post for me,
and was so happy Deanna obliged! 
Head over to her blog and show her some love,
she's always entertaining and her boys are the funniest little dudes....

Hi! I'm Deanna from Delirious Rhapsody. I'm a 26 year old stay at home mom of two little boys, Gage Hendrix, who will be four in July, and Owsley Duncan, who is six months. I'm an avid crafter and baker, who loves reading, music, camping, my husband, and sleeping. I collect gnomes and have over 120, and they all have names. I started my blog as a way to keep up with my mother in law who lives in Arizona. (We live in Alabama.) I enjoyed blogging so much that it's come a big hobby of mine. I find humor in my daily life, and that's generally what I write about. I definitely don't sugarcoat anything, and I'm extremely sarcastic. I'd love it if you would come by and say hello sometime!

When Gillian approached me about doing a guest post while she was away on vacation, I was flattered. Then I was stumped. I know I post a lot of my daily happenings on MY blog. But you don't know me and might not care how my day was. And then I remembered Gillian's feature, "Artsy is NOT Fartsy. I adore this feature! I love how Gillian makes cute and functional things for her house, without spending a fortune. So I thought I would repost an entry from a feature I occasionally do on my blog, called "Common Cents." It's basically along the same line as Gillian's feature, so I think it will fit right in!

Here goes.....
We became a family of four and bought a new house within a span of two weeks. (Yep, we moved with a newborn. Fun stuff!) Needless to say, we don't have a lot of extra money to spend right
 now. So I've become a pro at cutting corners.

I've decided to start a new feature, called 'Common Cents.'
It's focus will be trying to cut out spending extra cash on things that aren't essentials.

Today....baby leggings!

I LOVE baby leggings. They make diaper changes so incredibly easy, not to mention the fact that they are super cute on both little boys and girls. But they can get expensive, especially when you want different pairs to mix and match with all of baby's many outfits.
So why not make some yourself?

For this project, you'll need three things: scissors, tall socks, and a baby.

039 (Small)redo

Cut the sock off at the heel.

040 (Small)

And....SHAZAM! Instant leggings for your little.
047 (Small)
I bought these socks on clearance for 99 cents. That definitely beats 10 bucks a pop!
And you're also left with little bootie socks for yourself, if you want! But it's up to you.
If you would rather waste money, who am I to stop you? :)


Thanks so much Deanna, Owsley looks super cute in them! 
(and i am so going to the dollar store! despite what Dr. Nails says, jake so NEEDS a pair of these)

See y'all tomarrow....

1 comment:

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

those are pretty much the most adorable leg warmers ever!