Thursday, March 1, 2012

Artsy is NOT Fartsy v11


Bursting!

So I mentioned that I had a few projects on the go.
Well, it's one thing having them on the go, but finishing them is an entirely different thing.
That's where this craft fair i am participating in gets scary!  Eeek!
I should really stop talking to you guys and get to work : )

Anyways, I actually accomplished something for a change, and finished a project!
Inspired (as usual) by Pinterest where i found this super fun twig wreath, I set myself to work.

All i did was cut out a circle of cardboard, wrapped it in twine and glue gunned some sticks i found in our yard.
It was so ridiculously easy, and for one who is used to 'easy' projects taking weeks to finish,
this totally blew my mind.  I did it during nap time.  I know right?  Un-bee-leev-able : )


Originally it was destined for my front door, which hasn't been itself since i took down the Christmas decorations.
But when it was done it was way too wide, and definately too fragile for our scathing winter winds.
And besides, i had just the spot that has been crying out for some lovin':




I guess I'll just have to make another (stronger) one for my lonely front door : )

Happy March!!!


2 comments:

Ro said...

Great job!!!

Gillian said...

Thanks so much Ro, it's so nice to see all your comments!