Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ten things I love about motherhood.

And one thing I hate.


The things that I love:
( it was really hard to whittle it down to just 10 )

1.  Smiles.
The sheer joy.
He takes my breath away every time.


2.  Noises.
The oohs, the aahs, the hees, the haas.
The cries and screams when a wet diaper occurs.
Even those crazy noises that sound like a starved cat trapped in a dryer.
 Not that I know what that sounds like,
but at 5 o'clock in the morning weird ideas just pop into my head.
I even like those sounds.

3.  Smells.
Baby oil.  Baby shampoo.  Babyness.
It's inexplicably intoxicating.

4.  Wiggles.

5.  Head.
6.  And Shoulders.
7.  Knees.


8.  And Toes.


( come on, both of my kids count! )

9.   Laundry.
Yes, you read that right.
Remember many months ago when I had such fun folding
 little t-shirts and socks?
Still love it.
Call me insane.
I don't care.

10.  Being amazed everyday.
Despite the lack of sleep, the bags under my eyes,
being barfed on, pooped on, slobbered on,
doggie walkies in this icy winter cold,
messy hair and a closet full of clothes that no longer fit,
I am AMAZED.
And in love.


However,
the one thing I hate:
Tub Shits.


Bet you were expecting a different photo there : }


 My awesome, wonderful, beautiful kids,
who leave me speechless and amazed on a daily basis.






No comments: